Parents to Be!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

13 week checkup

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at my checkup today -- it was amazing. I have waited for that moment for a long time now -- seeing the ultrasound was fascinating but this is how I know the baby's in there and that I'm keeping him or her safe.

My doc says I'm in extremely good health -- blood pressure is great, I've been feeling great and only gained 2 pounds since my last appointment. This is probably because I have gotten my appetite back and am enjoying food again!

So far -- I've been taking polls to see what our family members think we're having. I have one sister, and my mom has 2 sisters and a brother, while my dad has 2 sisters and 2 brothers. On Rick's side -- he has a brother, a half brother and a step brother (who has a son) -- while his mom is an only child and his father has brothers. So I think boys run in his family and I think the odds are good that we're having a boy. However, he disagrees -- he's sure its a girl.

Its early -- but the doctor is siding with my husband on the girl front for now. She's basing this on baby's heart rate and how things have been going so far -- but her early prediction is definitely for a girl. She would know better than I! So I feel outvoted but until we get confirmation down the line, I am going to stick with the boy prediction. :)

We are preparing to leave for Florida in the morning -- our last trip to Disney before we become a family of 3. So great weather and Mickey Mouse, here we come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie- I knew I was having a girl the entire time. I just had a feeling...trust your instincts!
    Lauren

    P.S. Sorry about the non comment above...i'm not so good at the blogging sites!

    ReplyDelete