Parents to Be!

Friday, March 18, 2011

18 weeks

Picture @ 18 weeks...thanks Loo!!!! (my pregnancy app says Baby G is 5.5 inches long and half an ounce, about a sweet potato this week)

The other day, I realized...I am nearly halfway through my pregnancy. I had to really stop and think about that. I really have enjoyed this time of my life so far. I certainly haven't really struggled to get through the day, and I am so grateful. Everyone has been so supportive and excited for us, and I think about that every day. We are surrounded by such love...and so far, I haven't cared one bit about people automatically reaching for the belly.

I have begun to feel Baby G's movements, usually when I'm at work for some reason. Guess he/she isn't ready to show off to Daddy yet! I sit at my desk and just smile to myself when I feel what is probably baby rolling over. It took me quite a while to realize what was going on, but as I described to Rick the other day...its like my phone is in my pocket on vibrate and I don't realize its ringing.

The other big news for us, of course, is we have finally scheduled our next ultrasound. Monday, April 4 -- hopefully SS will cooperate and we will find out if its a boy or a girl. Then the next phase can begin, the fun (and expensive!!) phase. For those who are wondering...we will be registering soon after we find out what we're having (and I will post that info here!!), and there are already plans in the works on my side of the family for a June baby shower in my hometown of Alton. I'm not sure if there will be anything in Chicagoland, but knowing my mother-in-law...she loves a good party.

Until then, I am just focusing on staying healthy...and getting bigger. I was up 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my last doctor's appointment, and she actually encouraged me to indulge every once in a while! What advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment