Parents to Be!

Friday, January 14, 2011

3 month checkup

Went back to the doctor yesterday for my 9 week checkup -- all my blood work came back perfectly fine, blood pressure was normal and I've only gained .8 of a pound. We tried to hear baby's heartbeat but the "little stinker" (as my doctor so affectionately called him/her) was moving around too much and wouldn't stay still!

So now I'm focusing on getting through this final month of the first trimester -- although I am feeling much better already. The fogginess of early pregnancy has lifted, allowing me to actually concentrate on work again, and I'm not having so much nausea anymore (good thing because I'm getting really tired of saltines!!!). However, I am already feeling the pressure of weight gain -- even though I haven't outwardly gained much, my pants are much tighter -- so I am back in my pre-Weight Watchers size 10 jeans. Last night it was pretty sad to put away all my size 6's until after baby's born -- I worked so hard to lose all that weight and now its going to come right back!

Next up for us -- preparing to go on our Disney trip!!! We're going early this year -- February, for Valentine's Day -- specifically so we aren't traveling this summer when Baby G is about to arrive. We're staying at Boardwalk and very excited. I also go back to the doctor the day before we leave....

No comments:

Post a Comment